Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22893
Property Name : Waco Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 02/28/2020 PM - 02/29/2020 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 42
Lures Used : Chatter, senko, fluke, topwster

Welcome back San Saba.

Several guys from my bible study went to San Saba for opening weekend to enjoy some brew and catch some bass. Little did we know we would be intimately familiar with barbs.

fishing was ok. 42 fish over 1.5 days but only 4 were under 16. Biggest was 5'15 (6 over 5lbs) and most were caught on chatterbait. Senko and top water bite was non existent. Got a few on white flukes. Fish were sluggish. Got down to freezing the night before we fished which kept the water temps down.

Last cast of the day ended up with a whopper plopper treble hook in my buddies hand. Made a call to expert hook remover Ken Addington who gave us a tutorial on removing treble hooks. Popped it out with a little braid with no problems. Can't wait to get back to this property.

Mar 01 2020

Andrew Schoonover

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Red is where we caught most fish

Orange caught a few

Blue didn't get a single bit

No color, got a few bites but little to no fish

Mar 02 2020

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Sorry to interject this but I am compelled to do so. Be sure that the wound is watched carefully. It is very close, if not in the joint capsule of the MCP joint and the resulting hand infections if in the joint space can be a real problem to clear up if it gets going. Be sure his tetnus is up to date (within the last 10 years) If not, any pharmacy can update without a doctors rx. 

Dave May

Mar 02 2020

Andrew Schoonover

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

David,

Absolutely. I told the guy to watch it close to make sure there was no infection. It did look and feel like it was in the ligament. We were debating whether to pull it out or go to the hospital. The closest hospital/urgent care was 1hr away in Brownwood and that would have totally messed up our night. Plus, Ken assured us that it would come right out….thankfully it did!

Andy