Rick Svoboda

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22973
Property Name : Waco Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/01/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15 - Two 6's, One 5, one 4 3/4
Lures Used : Spinner bait & crank bait

Mike and I stayed in the new cabin Saturday night.  It is a great upgrade from the old one and it is a great value, in my opinion.  We fished Sunday until 4:30 PM  Water temp was 54 when we started and got up to 56 in late afternoon.  Water clarity was good - could see down about 4'.  Skies stayed overcast most of the day.  Sun peaked out a couple of times.  The lake was really open and had a whole lot less grass from when we were there 3 years ago.  The new trolling motor on the boat we used was great, as well as the new batteries.  Nice to have the batteries already in the boat, instead of having to retrieve them from the pole barn.  And always nice to have the 55 lb trolling motor on the back of the boat for when the wind came up late morning.  Seats in the boat great as well.

We caught 15 fish.  The two biggest were 6 lb each.  We also caught a 5, 4 3/4, 3 3/4 and a number that went 3 lbs.  We harvested two.  Big spinner baits and a variety of crank bait sizes are what we caught the majority of our fishes on.  The big fish were caught more out in the open water rather than along the bank.  The majority of the fish were caught in the morning.  Afternoon pretty slow.

It was great having this property available again to fish.  And all the upgrades in lodging and boats is great as well.

We did have one wild thing happen in the afternoon.  We were fishing in the far right creek, when looking out on the lake from the boat ramp.  A huge, and I mean huge, carp came flying out of the water right in front of the boat.  Made such a huge splash and startled us.  We only saw it's back, but was huge.  Then a second later another huge carp came flying out of the water.  Mike and I both saw this one.  It had to be 40 or 50 pounds.  Anyway a little excitement in a slow afternoon.  

Mar 02 2020

Rick Svoboda

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

My spelling is terrible.  Suoopose to be carp.

Mar 04 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

But Crap made it so much funnier.