Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23159
Property Name : Malouf Lake
Reservation Date : 03/03/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 1.5 to 2.75
Lures Used : All Flies

Got a last minute chance to fish Malouf this morning.  Landed 14 nice bass all on the fly rod with a black wooly bugger and a bunny sculpin.  While 14 bass on half day reservation is not such a big deal  (even on a just a fly rod) in Private Waters world it is a big deal in bass fishing in general.  I just finished fishing with my son as a boat captain in a Texas High School Bass Association tournament on Lake Texoma.  Out of 137 teams only 41 weighed a bass - 70% of the teams got skunked.  Last weekend another THSBA division fished a tournament on Texoma and out of 166 teams only 31 weighed a fish and 80% of the teams competing got skunked.  My son and I prefished Texoma four days in advance of the tournament and caught just 6 keeper bass (over 14") in four days of hard fishing.  My son is a damn good fisherman and most of the other boys he competes against in tournament fishing are serious, competitive and competent fishermen.   All I'm saying is man we got it good on our Private Water lakes.  Great day on the water and nice to finally feel the drug of the tug on my line.  

Mar 05 2020

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

You speak the truth Kevin!  I'm glad you enjoy our little bit of fishing heaven as much as I do.  Also, thanks for being a boat captain for those young men.  They can't do it without you.