DW Lakes Estate: West 03/07/20

Mar 12 2020

Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I fished DW Estates West Lake on Saturday, 03/07/20.  The water temps were 56.5 at arrival and rose to 58 later in the day in the warmest parts of the lake. Water clarity was about 6 inches.  The water level was high, with water moving across the drive spillway.  When I arrived, I made the mistake of driving up to the boat launch area, getting out and walking around, only to see a big wake near the overflow area.  Rocky, the owner, later told me he has had great success sneaking up in this same area, casting near the overflow, and catching 5lbers when the forage fish are trapped near the fence of the overflow area.  I caught 9 LMB, from about 3 - 4.2lbs.  When the wind died in the afternoon, the bite also died and I ending up leaving around 3:30.  I was able to wave hello to the other members that fished East lake during their lunch break but did not get a chance to meet them, which I very much regret because based upon the fishing report, it was Mark Daugherty and his wife, who had a very memorable fishing day.  BTW, the Dogwood trees were in full bloom, such a beautiful property. Good luck and tight lines to all this spring.

Mar 12 2020

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Hey Greg!  I wish we could have had a face-to-face, my apologies that we missed you somehow.  Rocky mentioned that there was another member on the West - but I think that is when you were packing up.  Thank you for your informative and fun reports.

Mark