Sometimes the Wind is Your Friend

Mar 13 2020

Larry Jordan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

My wife and I made it to Lakeside in Martin's Mill about 8:30 on Wednesday, March 11th and Becky had a fish in the boat on her first cast. She had four others and I had one within the first hour or so. The lake is full with water clarity at about a foot or a little less and water temp at 63 degrees when we started. The big weed beds that have been typical at this lake have not emerged as yet. The wind was steady at about 10-15 with higher gusts throughout the day. The bite slowed, we stopped for lunch, and after lunch I explored the deeper water with swimbaits, Alabama rig, and deep-diving crankbaits without a bite. As a recent report indicated, there were lots of fish on the graph in deep water on the north end of the lake, but I couldn't get them to cooperate.  I was about to pack it in around 3:00 when everything changed.  My wife hung her second largest career fish that weighed 7:6, that put up a ferocious fight and made us forget about heading home. For the next two hours it was non-stop action with around 10 more fish, all in the 3-4 lb. range. We finished with 16 total fish, all chunky and hard fighters. At least 90% of our fish were caught on a senko.   It appeared that the steady south wind had pushed bait fish into the north end of the lake and the bass had followed. Yes, as much as I hate it, the wind can sometimes be your friend.

Mar 14 2020

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks for sharing the pics Larry.  Congrats to your wife on the 7.6!  You guys nailed them!

Mark