Billy Morton

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23164
Property Name : Signal Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/12/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8 from 10" to 3.5 lbs
Lures Used : You name it

Son and I fished Signal 3/12 and we caught a handful each ranging from about 10" to a 3.5 lber. We caught 3 of them on cranks and another 3 on a Z-craw. Biggest one came from my son on a rooster tail lol. It was pretty gusty all day with winds around 20 mph. The air temp hung around 65 or so until about noon and then crept up to around 75-80. We tossed just about everything we had, cranks both shallow and deep, lipless, traps and a variety of colors ranging from craw, red, fire tiger, shad, chart green, etc. We threw senkos, t-rigged, c-rigged and wacky. Threw flukes, swim baits, chatter baits, buzz baits, yellow magic poppers and many variety of colors of those (couldn't even get a look with any top water). We hit the shallows around the banks and the middle and everything in between. The fish had lock jaw and just weren't feeding this day. The previous reports got it right with the overall condition of the properly, this is a very nice place. The provided boats are in fantastic shape and have enough room for two people. My son and I had 3 tackle bags, 10 rods, and a small cooler and had no issues with room. There were two extra batteries brought to the dock for us, and we wound up switching our first battery out just after noon. 

This is a great place, hopefully the fishing will be pick up and we will look at giving it another chance. Also, curious about potential lodging as the cabins look absolutely stunning with a modern look.