Andrew Schoonover

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23347
Property Name : BlackJack Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/16/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 27 to 3.5
Lures Used : Senko, spook, chatter, spinner, z craw

I really think that if the Pruitts go to a lake there should be one extra day of rest for that lake. They wear those fish out and my outing in Giddings proved that. Tough day of fishing. They weren't biting anything anywhere except around the big grass patches across from pier. I caught 10 in the last hour on a spook but other than that the bite was sparse. My day was bookended with two rainy days so maybe that had something to do with it. 

Mar 17 2020

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Andrew,

We apologize for having too much fun LOL. We start catching fish and we have a hard time throttling back. We have been on a few lakes as well where the guys in front of us wore them out and our results were less that desired. When Hickory Creek opened we were the second reservation and the group in front of us may have set the club record for most numbers ever. 300 plus I think was their post…..........we caught 1/3 of that following up behind them. I am happy with one fish if it is the right one. I like big instead of numbers. However my brother loves numbers. The apple fell pretty far from the tree I would say :-) Will be trying Bennet and Waco Creek soon so you may want to avoid the Pruitt Effect as you have named it. LOL….............Andrew we enjoy your post and look forward to seeing your next one describing extreme success with numbers and big fish brother!

Send us some pics when it happens :-)

Mar 17 2020

Andrew Schoonover

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Wayne

Better idea. Ditch your bro next time around and take me with you! Keep crushing them guys.

Andy

Mar 18 2020

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Andrew.

27 is still not bad compared with other lakes you might have fished

Mar 23 2020

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Andrew,

Sorry for the delayed reply LOL! Ditching my brother is optional for me but not for him. Who would drive the truck to the lake pulling the boat while he sleeps, gps us to the location, bait his hook, remove the fish from the hook, take the photos, prepare the lunch, reserve the lakes, make the long drive home while he sleeps, you get my drift :-) no need to go on anymore cause it sounds like whining! I am the PACK MULE! If your telling me you will pull your weight I might have to consider. Otherwise I keep being Phil's pack mule…...............oh, it probably ain't as bad as I make it out to be….............yes it is! But he can catch fish for sure. He comes alive when it is time to fish…...........he coined the phrase "prime time".