Evan Wall

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23343
Property Name : MK Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/15/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8 / 2.0-3.80
Lures Used : Weightless TX rigged & wacky

I fished with my two sons from 2-6pm on 10/15 - started overcast, drizzle & windy and finished up the last hour with sun & calm winds. Worked the entire bank twice & hit the trees in the middle once. Didn't catch anything deep - all were caught on the bank. Tried everything from chatterbait, squarebill & spinnerbait but all were picking up too much grass. Switched to weightless texas rigged & wacky and landed everything with these setups - it didn't matter if it was a worm or creature, as long as it was black & blue they loved it. Didn't catch anything on any other color, and my boys tried them all! Nothing huge (all between 2-3.8lb) but caught 8 total w/ no culls. All were really healthy. Great lake, boat house & property. Only took 1:10 from Dallas. Were planning to fish in both of their boats but found the jon boat left out & full of water, so we all fished on the pontoon boat, which worked great. We'll be back!

Mar 19 2020

Philip Rooney

Admin

Number of Posts :

Black and Blue has been my saving grace on many trips! Glad y'all could boat some good ones. Great pics of your boys!