Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23574
Property Name : Spence Lake
Reservation Date : 03/27/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 23 total, 3 over 14"
Lures Used : creature bait, spinner bait, ned rig, flashy swimmer, frog

Started the day with a little bank fishing, working a green pumpkin zman pammetto bugz on a weedless ned rig along the outer side of grassy areas. First fish was the largest for the day, a 4lb 6oz long lean fish. Picked up a few others along the bank before I loaded the boat up and launched. Over the next two hours working the edges another seven fish on the same rig. Then the wind picked up and they stopped biting that. Switched over to a spinner bait and picked up another couple around stickups and edges of grass. The sprinkler frog made its debut this year and got a few blowups but only tail biters. Coppertruse ned rig follow up in those spots picked up the misses.

Rigged up a flashy swimmer with a colorado blade and a white swimbait and landed the rest until the winds kicked up enough to make me nervous about being on the water. Bank fished the smaller pond and picked up a pair on the flashy swimmer right along the edge.

23 total caught, 3 released, those were 4-6, 3, 3.

Good time at a great place. 

Apr 08 2020

Bruce Kirby

Fry

Number of Posts :

Could you access the dock or was it still underwater?

Apr 08 2020

Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

There was about 1 1/4" of water covering the dock. I walked out on it, slowly and carefully as it's been underwater for some time, and there is ample algae growth on it making it fairly slick.

Good pair of boots and you'll be able to use the dock if you walk slow and carefully.