Troy Maxwell

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23553
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/27/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 37/3.9lbs - 1lbs
Lures Used : Texas Rigged Senko Red Shad

Caught a total of 37 fish most were under 14" but did manage a handful in the two to almost 4 pound range.  The biggest was 3.9lbs.  Almost all of the fish were caught with a red shade Senko rigged texas style.  Started fishing around 8:00am light/moderate south wind.  Mid to late morning around 11:00am strong gusty winds picked up from the south and we had trouble getting back to the dock.  Needless to say we finished up the day (about 3:00pm) fishing from the bank.  Met the owners who were super nice.    My boys and I had a blast and cant wait to return on a less windy day. 

Mar 30 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

HI Troy,

Were you able to remove the 30+ smaller ones?

Thanks

Steve

Mar 30 2020

Troy Maxwell

Fry

Number of Posts :

Yes.  Of that 30+count my boys probably counted 5 or 6 that they hooked but didn't make it to the boat!!!   So realistically culled probably closer to 25.  Also just wanted you to know…there was no fiberglass boat tied up at the dock just the pontoon.  There were a couple of boats on the bank…one looked like a small bass buddy boat with no seats and the other may have been a fiberglass boat. We had a blast and have some great stories probably try again in a week or two. 

Mar 30 2020

Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

My last Six O trip(last month) the fiberglass boat was on the bank, looked like it had seen better days.

Mar 30 2020

Troy Maxwell

Fry

Number of Posts :

Yes…probably the same one.  I figured it was on the bank for a reason.   Word to the wise…if using the pontoon boat on a windy day make sure you have enough trolling motor!!!  

Mar 30 2020

Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

55lb thrust trolling motor and two batteries is my setup for the pontoon boats. Never know what'll happen, and I'm not sure how far I could paddle one of those even without wind.

I'd also recommend a piece of rubber to help secure the trolling motor, gives it something to grip onto as opposed to the smooth metal. I use a piece about 6x8. Turning that pontoon boat with a strong trolling motor can make the motor want to jump off the smooth mount area. The rubber gives it something to hold onto.

Mar 30 2020

Troy Maxwell

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great info.  I will be changing my set-up for my next trip!