Bruce Kirby

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23614
Property Name : Kickapoo Lake
Reservation Date : 04/01/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 - three culled
Lures Used : Watermelon Redflake: fluke, lizard, dinger

Wife and I didn’t arrive until almost 5pm.... beautiful property and full of water...

Bite was slow, but not bad.... worked shoreline around lake but all fish caught in both coves... besides the three we kept all the other were very healthy 2+ pounders with best a 3.11  

Best bait was probably fluke twitched ... weird evening, last hour before dark water was like glass everywhere but you heard/saw zero feeding

We will def be back... live in Aledo and only took us about two hours to get to this property 

Apr 02 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Bruce,

I hope you can make it back when you have more than two to three hours to fish. I have fond memories of this lake. This is where I have taken inexperienced fisherman to learn to fish. However, our culling program has began to help, it use to be a lake that was over crowded with .75 to 1 lb bass. The fish have moved up to 2 lbs plus. Less fish, but a more fun size to catch. 

Apr 02 2020

Bruce Kirby

Fry

Number of Posts :

Absolutely. The eight we returned were all fat and healthy… I’d get more fishing done if with one of my fishing buddies…. but all and all was a great three hours and a beautiful spot - peaceful.