Chip Evans

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23633
Property Name : Waco Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/04/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 36, Mostly 2.5-5lbs
Lures Used : Soft Plastics, Z Craw and 10in Worm

Decided to make our first rip out to San Saba this Saturday. Drove through thunderstorms the whole way there and with the drastic temperature change overnight, we felt it was reasonable enough to not have super high expectations for the day. One of the highlights of the day was being greeted by a HUGE Bald Eagle flying across the lake as we drove up, truly an amazing thing to see. Surprisingly enough, we had a super productive day despite the conditions! My son and I were able to land 36 total fish with only 6 culls. Largest of the day was around 5 pounds. This lake and property is quite impressive. Lots of natural cover and hard fighting fish. Every fish you hook feels and fights like it could be a giant. All but two of our fish were caught on Texas rigged plastics, almost all close to the bank. Best baits were Zoom 10in worms in a purple/plum color as well as Zoom Z Craws in green pumpkin flash. Little action in the deeper areas/trees. We experienced steady action with quality fish being caught throughout the day. Can't wait for another opportunity to fish this lake! 

Apr 06 2020

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Chip,

San Saba Waco Creek is an awesome PWF lake! Our favorite Texas lake location for size and numbers. 6 culls out of 36 fish is pretty good…..............glad the green pumpkin flash z craw produced a few for you. It was the best producer of fish for me for sure. Thanks for the post :-) 

Wayne Pruitt

Apr 07 2020

Chip Evans

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks, Wayne. Just trying to keep up the pace you and your bro set. We even packed bacon sandwiches!!

Chip