Billy Morton

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23726
Property Name : Hat and Star Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/06/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 / Dink to 3 lbs
Lures Used : Plastics

Took my son and his buddy to H&S for some fun. Arrived and got on the water at about 7:30a. Air temp was 63 to start and 72 at 2:30p when we packed up. Overcast with light winds and a brief shower, water temp was 64. We caught 11 fish, one being a huge crappie. The bass were all very healthy and fought very very hard. I had a 2 lber dang near pull the rod out of my hand on the strike. If I was a gambling man, I would have bet that fish was 8+ before I got sight of it, it hit like a freight train and was stripping drag like it was a big fish. We caught them all on the south side of the lake with plastics except when we found them chasing shad. We spotted some action and hurried over and all three of us quickly tossed top water and all had 2 and 3 pounders on our lines. Once we boated these, the action was over as soon as it started and we went back to grinding it out to get anything on the line. 

No action on anything other than plastics (senkos and craws) and chuggers during the feeding frenzy

All in all it was a good day.