Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23616
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 04/06/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 35+ Big 6 pounds
Lures Used : Chatter bait/Lipless crank/flies

Fished Lakeside Monday with my son and one of his fishing buddies from his high school fishing team.  They were fishing conventional and I was fishing with the fly rod.  Short story - the boys smoked me no doubt.  Between them they caught 30 plus quality bass.  Biggest was a 6 pounder, 5 fours and the remainder were very solid two and three pound bass.  My son lost a really giant bass he figured was somewhere in the 8 pound class or better and missed a shot at getting a new personal best.  Caught most of the fish in the morning and they caught good numbers along the dam and in the corner by the dam on the other side from the launch (that's where the missed giant was) and in the two creeks on the opposite side of the lake from the dam.  The number one bait was a white chatterbait but they caught a few on a lipless crankbait as well.  The water was murky as mentioned in other Lakeside reports but still very fishable for sure although the murky water made it really hard to be very effective with flies.    I caught 5 solid bass and 2 monster bream with the fly rod with my biggest bass going 4.25.  The boys certainly out fished me today but as you can see from the picture below they had no chance to out hat me : )

It was a great day on the water and Lakeside did its thing today and delivered great numbers and good quality bass.  

Apr 09 2020

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Kevin - you not going to get sunburned with that hat. Congrats on a lot of quality fish caught.