Bob Gage

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23802
Property Name : Kickapoo Lake
Reservation Date : 04/10/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 Most in the 13-14 inch range, couple of dinks
Lures Used : Swim bait and rage bug

Wife and i fished Kickapoo from 2:30 - 6:45 on Good Friday.  Fairly steady breeze from the east kept us moving around some.  Got 11 in the boat with most being chunky 13-14 in fish that fought like "red eyed lions" as a friend of mine likes to say.  The bite was just a peck and then you would see the line start to move.  They were mainly just grabbing the tail and holding on.  We had probably a dozen or so that fought hard right up to the boat and just turned loose.  Took the tail off several times.  Were using a 5 in.swimbait, so decided to use 4 in. and they had no interest. Fileted these and are taking them to Waco tomorrow and frying them up for our college boy.  His favorite meal!  Had something happen and was wondering if anyone else has seen this.  Had the fish in a basket.  Poured them a in a cooler to transport home and saw that one of the larger keepers had about three inches of the tail of one of the smaller fish sticking out of his mouth.  I guess he decided it was a pretty easy place for a meal!  Thankful for PWF for providing some relief during this crazy time.  Looking forward to enjoying our day of HOPE tomorrow with my wife and son.  Happy Easter, to you all.