Stephen Hardison

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23961
Property Name : Backside of the Moon Lake
Reservation Date : 04/18/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3:4-5.5 lbs
Lures Used : Neko rigged worm

Great day on BSM. Fished 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm. Took my 8 year old and teaching him to throw the new KastKing Crixius baitcast. Great gear for the money. I am shimano and falcon entirely, but KastKing is worth a look for quality and price. Lots of learning early on but by end of day he was learning to thumb and eaglenest free. Thank goodness as the fish were big and fighting hard so needed the winching power. I caught 5.5 lbs, 4.5 lbs and a 4 lbs fish and brought 2 more that size to the boat when they shook loose. Beat the banks with neko rig worm and Texas rig creature all dark colors. Water was muddy--not stained as usual but muddy. My 8 year old had a wall-hanger on and brought within 3 feet of boat. Looked to be 8 lbs. --good thing he was using the baitcast  as the fish was giving him a good  fight.It was so fun and exciting seeing him fight that fish and watching his expressions. Such a great experience.He is in love with fishing now. Been hard to get a reservation here now since Covid--I think everyone is out fishing. This is my go to spot. Only been to 2 other properties and this is my favorite. Good to be back at my sweet spot. It is a 1 1/2 drive and the road in will bounce you plum out of the cab but this is a great spot.  I think I better step up and get a 14 foot Jon with casting decks now that my kids just love to fish.