Anthony Grimes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23907
Property Name : Beaver Lake
Reservation Date : 04/19/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 total in the 1-2lb range
Lures Used : Bladed paddle tail swimbait

Sunday, I fished Beaver Lake in the afternoon. I started at 12:30 and finished up around 3:30. My wife tagged along, but didn't fish. She just enjoys paddling around and taking pics and video. All of my fish, with the exception of one were caught on a green and white bladed paddle tail swimbait setup. The other one was caught on a green watermelon flake Googan Bandito Bug. I was fishing from my kayak and spent quite a bit of time repositioning myself. The wind wasn't bad, however, I need to invest in some sort of anchoring system. I 'm sure I would've been able to catch more if I had prepared better, All in all, it was an awesome day and way better than being in the house social distancing. 

Apr 20 2020

David Hart

Fry

Number of Posts :

Congrats on joining. We just joined and fished Bluebonnet Ridge/Mesquite. Cool club to belong to 

Apr 20 2020

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Welcome aboard Anthony, David, and David! Hopefully you will find the community reports helpful and we will see reports of lots of successful trips from all of you.

Mark

Apr 20 2020

Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Welcome to the club, Anthony. I joined 1.5 yrs ago and have had many great experiences. Regarding the anchoring/wind, there is a good discussion on anchoring systems under "Forums, Discussion" on the main page.  More often than not, the wind will be blowing so it's good to know how to work it to our advantage.  I have generally found the fishing better when there is at least a slight breeze, and not so good when the water is dead calm and sunny.  

Apr 20 2020

Anthony Grimes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the nice welcome. I'll take a look at anchoring discussion. 

Apr 21 2020

John Shepard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Welcome.  I second Jim's advice about reading the discussion topic and the fact that it seems that there is usually some wind.  I may be atypical, but I use both a "traditional" anchor and an anchor pole for my kayak depending upon the situation.  I usually choose one and leave the other behind.