Paul Barner

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23989
Property Name : Kickapoo Lake
Reservation Date : 04/21/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 27 bass 9"- 20"
Lures Used : White Spinnerbait / Green/Red Senko

Had a good day at Kickapoo. Water level is very high and it is very fishy looking. Every spot you throw to seems like just the right place to catch another fish. Started the day at 8 am with a white spinnerbait, second cast and I had my 1st fish a solid 3 pounder. ALL the I fish the fish I caught came from 4-6 feet of water. Fished all morning using the spinnerbait and at lunch break I had a dozen keepers from 15" - 20". They were all caught over the south and northeast banks. Not one bass caught on the north bank. After lunch the wind picked up out of the east and I just drifted the south bank down to the beaver den. The honey hole was along the far west fence line using a green/red senko. The bass hated it, and I caught 15 more right there. The fish are strong and solid fighters, largest 4 pounder fought like crazy. Lost one over 6 there after she made a spectacular leap out of the grass and spit my senko out. Stuck with the honey hole till 4pm and then it all shut off. Good day to fish private water!