Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24088
Property Name : Tear Drop Lakes
Reservation Date : 04/23/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 5/ 1 - 3.2 lbs
Lures Used : Many

Fished solo from the bank from 1:30 to 7:30 under sunny skies.  Day started off very windy and ended still as glass. Caught five in the middle lake along grass line off dock and timbered cove to the left. Biggest was 3.2 pounds. She swallowed the hook, so in the interest of COVID-19 and essential surgeries only, I elected to just cut the hook off.  Hopefully she will live to fight another day.  Fish very healthy and strong fighters. All fish caught on green pumpkin red weightless wacky rig senko.  Zilch on everything else.  Really strange. Clarity was about 2 feet.

No bites in the upper Tear (farthest from the entrance). Fished it from 6:00 to 7:30 to close the day on perfectly still conditions. Bad move. I noticed the water was a bit more murky here.  I saw zero feeding activity on top as sun was going down.   While I did not fish lower Tear, I noticed some pockets between the trees right along the road to make a few more casts before exiting.

With limited mobility fishing from the bank, it was still an enjoyable scouting trip, checking out another PWF fabulous property close to home.

Drove by the other two lakes, Bluebonnet & Mesquite on the way out. I saw another member fishing Bluebonnet earlier in the day. While there was a lot of grass as previous reports mentioned, for some reason the dam reminded me a lot of Tom Bean - 9G.