Richard Christy

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24024
Property Name : Oak Meadow Lake
Reservation Date : 04/24/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 Total 3 in the 1.5 to 2.5 Range
Lures Used : Texas Rigged Lizard, Top Water

Got on the lake about 8:00.  It was fairly calm when I got there, but by the time I actually got on the lake the wind had come up and it gave me fits all day.  Caught three LMB all morning.  Threw wacky rigged worms, super flukes, Texas rigged worms, top water, and beetle spins, but the only thing they hit were Texas rigged lizards.  Caught three in the trees, all in the same spot.  Two were in the 1.5 tp 2.5 lbs. range,  one cull that was 13 in. By noon I was literally blown off the lake.  Ate lunch and chilled out hoping the wind would die down which it did about 2:00 at least enough to go back out.  Fished fished in the trees and caught another one on the Texas rigged lizard, in the same spot.  By about 4:00 the wind started to die and by 5:00 the lake was almost still.  Changed to top water and started catching fish.  Caught three that got to the boat and had at least three others that didn't. But, the catch of the day was a 14 inch crappie that took the Texas rigged lizard about 4:30.  What a surprise.  By 6:00 the bite stopped and I headed back, stopping at the "spot" with my top water and got a hit, but not a hook up.  All in all a good day.  Only got 7 to the boat, but had several more on.  Lost a couple in the grass, etc. 

FYI! Got to the property a little after 7:00, but had a hard time with the directions to the lake.  If you haven't been there it's pretty far back and you can't see the lake until your almost get to it.  The map and directions from PWF are right, I just got confused. Anyway, called the club office, Steve called me back very quickly and talked me through it.  Thanks Steve and everyone else at PWF!  Every time I've called the club everyone's been very helpful.  FYI, Steve put me on to Google Maps in satellite mode.   If I had thought of that I would have had no problems.  Thanks again Steve!