Live Oak Creek Report 4-25-2020

Apr 26 2020

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

My son and fished Live Oak Creek on 4/25/2020.  Got on the water around 12:30 and fished until around 7.  We tallied 54 bass on the clicker with 3 additional bluegills on a fly.  We culled 18 bass and returned 36 plus the bluegills.  Of those returned, they were all in the 2lb - 5lb class.  We left our scale at home but I'd guess our big of the day was in the 5 - 6 lb range.  We also had many 3's and 4's and a good amount of chunky 2lbers.  All fish appeared healthy and in line with length and weight.   All fish were tight to the bank and there are fish on beds.  Senko, fluke, frog and horny toads were the baits of choice, all fished weightless.  After getting on the water my son decided he wanted to fish a frog.  I told him I didn't think the conditions were right but he picked up the frog and had 2 blowups in his first 2 cast in the flooded grass by the intake.  He stayed with the frog for a while and while his hook up ratio was low, it proved fruitful for me as I would throw a senko in right after a frog blow up and it was fish on.  The frog bite was pretty good early afternoon under sunny skies and shut down towards dusk.  Go figure.  

Great fun lake and look forward to what it will become with some more culling.

PS.  Launching can be a little tricky especially with 2wd.