Windy day

Apr 26 2020

Bryan Rumfield

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished all day on 4/25. The wind picked up the second we got the boat in the water. In the AM we started all the way back by the owners home and worked our way back to the dam. We stayed on the east side bank. We caught 4-5 for the first part of the day. Took a break for a few hours and got back at it. We went straight to the east side bank and worked our way back and forth. Primarily bc of the wind is why we stayed on that side. Caught 4-5 in the afternoon. We got off the water early due to a dying trolling motor battery and wanted to get back up that treacherous road before dark. 1- 3.5lb 1- 5lb 1- 6lb and the rest lb'ers. Caught everything on junebug brush hog, junebug shaky head, and black/blue jig with black crawl. Water had about 6" of visibility as it was muddy just like previous reports stated. Overall not that bad of a day and very nice property. Wished the wind wouldn't had been so crazy, but we managed to make it work.

The road is just as bad as others said in previous reports but didn't have an issue in my truck (Silverado 2WD). The v-hull does have a slight leak and the back panel of the boat where the trolling motor mounts is a bit shaky. I left 5 wooden slats under the boat in case another member may need support for the motor as I did.