May 04 2020

Darrell Collier

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24131
Property Name : Indian Hollow Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/03/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 38 LMB, 1 4.5 lbs, couple 3lbs. Most culls
Lures Used : TX rigged blueberry and watermelon Senko, blue/chartreuse lizard, chartreuse/white buzz, gold/orange rogue

Fished from 2:15 til 8:15 Sunday afternoon with my 2 boys.  Temp in low 80s, very windy til about 5:30, then calmed down.  Youngest caught 1 2nd cast in the moss before we even got in boat.  Blueberry senko was the winner for volume, but did well on buzz last hour, including the 4.5 from the big cove just south of launch.  She attacked it...and my youngest son's first on a buzz.  The way it ought to be!  My oldest caught all his on senkos.  I also had luck on the TX rig senko, but threw a rogue off/on and caught 5-6 on that.

There is a LOT of grass and moss.  I had to clear the "weedless" trolling motor by hand at least 10x, but the fish LOVE it.  We caught many within 10' of shore, but we also caught them on the other side of the boat.  The wind was difficult to manage, but we did OK.

All in all, we had a great time, likely my kids' best trip ever.  And the top water action was a ton of fun.  The photo of all 3 of us - we all caught a fish at same time!