Ron Wood

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24331
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 05/09/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 9
Lures Used : TR worms

4 of us fished Bluebonnet Ridge on Saturday 9th, from 7 until noon. We launched on BR and immediately started fighting the weeds and slime. It is challenging trying to find water where you can cast and have a chance to get a clean retrieve. We reloaded the boat after an hour and moved over to the other lake. This lake is very fishable, the water around the pier and dam area is clear down to 2 ft depth. When you get up in the arm of the lake the visibility is less and water was warmer. 2 of the guests used the 12 ft club boat with a 30lb Minn Kota and it pushed the boat all over the lake. They both caught fish around the dam and shore. They had one fish break off that they swear was over 7. My son and I went down the shore into the arm of lake to the left of the pier. We both were getting bumps or short strikes, it took 2 hours before we got one to the boat. We both had fish break us off. There are some good fish here, we used TR worms and creature baits. We did try a few crank baits but got no reaction. I love PWF and the opportunity to fish these waters. This was my second trip to Blubonnet with quality over quantity. Tight lines and stay safe friends. Ohh...never saw the club sigh by the front gate.