Malouf Swimjig Action

May 12 2020

Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I fished Sunday 5/10 in the PM. Based on my previous trips here, I decided I was only going to use a swimjig, and some topwater. That worked out very well and the fish cooperated and ate the swimjig repeatedly.

I had previously come across a really good area to fish at this property, a dropoff, hump or flat from the old dam near the east side just south of the submerged trees that seems to hold a lot of fish. I stayed around the spot most of the day and landed the majority of the fish from this area. Eventually I wanted to get some topwater action and cruised around the banks and picked up a few either on a frog or a popper. During a break on shore, I decided I would cast off the point by the launch and found a spot where I picked up 5-7 fish in about two dozen casts.

30 total for the day, most of those on the swimjig, and about 5-6 on topwater. I'm not sure why, but Lancaster Malouf bass will chase a swimjig anytime, doesn't seem to matter the weather, time of year, or even what color swimjig.