May 16 2020

Cullen Coleman

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24430
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/15/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 / 1-2#
Lures Used : Power Bait Worm / Senko / Deep Diving Shad Crank Bait / Jig with plastic craw

Put the boat in the water at noon with a 10 / 15 mph south wind trying to make me regret my decision to go fishing.  Fought the boat and trolling motor for 4 hours trying to fish the whole lake using a big worm and a senko. Caught a 2lber on a worm and lost a good one on a senko, messing with the motor.  Finally gave up on trying to fish the whole lake. Switched to fishing far off the south and east bank, throwing the crank bait into shallow water near shore and cranking it real hard, back towards the boat in the deep water.  that strategy paid off almost immediately, and continued to the rest of the day.  Caught all but 2 fish on crank bait, and missed several more on it.  Caught one on worm and one on a jig on the last cast of the day before the storm ran me off the lake.

Even with the wind, it was a great half day of fishing.

Helpful hint to anyone fishing there.  If there is any kind of wind in the forecast, bring an anchor.

May 18 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

April and May are always the two windest months. Wind usually slows a bit in late May.