SWLake in Weston - Feast or Famine

May 29 2020

Larry Sykes

Fry

Number of Posts :

5/28/20 - Over the last 5 weeks I have fished this lake 4 times and gotten skunked two times but two times combined caught 4 fish 5-6 lbs fly fishing. It's been a great Spring. 

May 29 2020

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Larry

I am a new member and will be fishing SW for the first time next week and it sounds like you know this pond better than anyone. Any suggestions for my first trip?

Kerry

May 29 2020

Larry Sykes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Kerry, this is good lake with big fish and so easy to fish from the bank on the west side where I caught all my big bass just 2 ft from the bank. I'm a fly fisherman so I can't get too deep and I'm sure bait casters can get down where the really big boys are. Two other lakes that have really been good the few weeks for me were Twin Lakes in Ben Wheeler south of Canton. See my report from last Monday there. Also Beaver Lake East of Decatur was great for 10-18 inch fish. 25-30 one AM. There a lot of Great Lakes so have fun. It's been a great Spring for me. 

May 29 2020

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Larry, Thanks so much for the feedback on SW and suggestions on Beaver & Twin lakes. I guess Beaver Lake will be my next adventure as it is a little closer. Fly fishing is a skill i just never adopted. I'll have to stay with the ole plastic standards and hope for the best….Thanks again

Kerry