May 31 2020

Cullen Coleman

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24631
Property Name : MK Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/30/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 13 / 1lb to 2.5 lb's
Lures Used : senko / worm / spinner bait / beetle spin / hard jointed sun fish swimbait / topwater torpedo / crankbait / frog

Arrived at 6:20 and was fishing by 6:30 Started off using a watermelon senko on the East side, throwing shallow and working it back towards the boat into deeper water.  Caught two immediately and had another one spit the hook while jumping.  After that I struggled to find any pattern at all the rest of the day. caught 2 on a white spinner bait, 2 on white beetle spin, 1 on a topwater torpedo, 0 on crankbait, 0 on a frog.  Hooked 3 on a big jointed sunfish swim bait, I was throwing to entice something big, fishing it parallel to the shore about 20 to 30 yards off the bank on the West side.  I caught one, had another jump and spit the hook, and another come off at the boat, all of them about 1.5 lb's.  Nothing big.  Later in the day I just started throwing a worm near any downed tree or stump I could see, caught 4 more doing that. Switched to a black Senko when that stopped working and caught 1 more before calling it a day.  Would have had 4 or 5 more, but had one of my worst days ever of fish coming off after being hooked. Caught them all over the lake, no one spot was producing a lot of fish.  Didn't catch anything on the south end by the dam.  Was a fun day with some hard fighting fish.  

I have a question if anyone can answer it.  What are these things pictured below that are growing on the stumps in this lake

May 31 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

These are Bryozoa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryozoa

We see them in some of our lakes. I only see them in lakes that have good water quality.