Jun 17 2020

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24806
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 06/15/2020 PM - 06/16/2020 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 20/6-23"/largest 4.5 lbs
Lures Used : Whopper plopper, weighted flukes, Jack Hamer CB, 6" Trick Stick, fire tiger spinner bait.

Had a fun outing with my son, Michael. An early Fathers Day gift. Easiest boat launch of anywhere I've been with my 9.4 ft Bass Hound and trailer.

For those wanting to know specifics, air temp ranged from 67° to 90°; water temp from 84° to 90°; partly cloudy; light breeze; water mostly clear to 3 ft. Lake seemed about a foot low.

Fished the afternoon until sundown. Mike caught the first fish (not the size we were looking for):

And I caught the most and the biggest, but who's counting, right? smiley

Stayed the night in the cabin. Very nice! Very clean and comfortable. Grilled burgers. We'll definitely be back.

A few oddities fishing. My first fish wrapped itself around a submerged limb. Had to work him out by hand. Then I had two fish on one lure, a topwater. Never had that before. A 2 pounder and a 3 pounder - the 3 got off at the boat so no photo. Late evening fishing a firetiger spinner bait, a 4+ pounder attacked my lure at the boat and fought like crazy - me with only 2' of line out! Crazy!   Large bass were hitting the bluegill under the pier, so I tossed out a 6" Trick Stick toward the end of the pier. Was clearing a little backlash and when I looked up, my line was under me wrapped around a post. Never saw that fish.   Mike's crazy catch was catching a bass on a black buzzbait before it got up to the surface. And he caught an old bass that was 23 inches long but only weighted 3.3 pounds. Poor thing was not able to digest his food I guess. Would have been over 6 pounds if healthy.

Beautiful evening and sunset. All your cares melt away when you are emersed in the beauty of God's creation!

Mike caught his PB, a 4.5 pounder. He has a new favorite lure, the Jack Hammer chatterbait.

Great memories made. Thank you, Mike! And thank you, Steve and company for making all this possible!