Larry Jordan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24866
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 06/18/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4 up to 2.5 lbs.
Lures Used : senkos, swlimbait, worms

Fished Martins Mill on Thursday, June 18, from 6:30- noon. Water temp started at 84 degrees with light wind, but the wind increased as the morning wore on. I eventually had to pull out my anchor to stay on a spot more than a few seconds. Fish were scattered with no pattern that I could find. I did lose what I think was a big fish that wrapped me up around the dock that I could never dislodge. I was determined this trip to go after fish that I have seen on my fish finder in the north end of the lake in deep water, around 14-17 ft. I did locate them, but never got a bite on big worms, jigs, or swimbaits. I'm wondering now what my fish finder is really showing me.  Anyone else noticed this at this lake or had success in targeting these fish in deep water? I admit I'm not a very good deep water fisherman, so that may be the problem. No luck this time at the dam or west side of the lake. 

Jun 19 2020

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Larry,

The last time I fished Martin's Mill Lakeside I had the same issue. I could see a number of fish suspended in the deeper section of the lake perhaps 20 yards off the dam and 20 yards off the west bank. I got a single fish on a drop shot that I rigged with a 6 foot weight to hook length to suspend the lure at the depth I was seeing on the Humminbird. It was however a dink, nothing like I thought I was seeing. I had noted on several fishing reports before I went that others had seen the suspended fish ( or the signal at least) without success. 

Jun 19 2020

Larry Jordan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Thanks David, for affirming at least that I wasn't seeing things on my graph that weren't there! Will be interested in learning if others have experienced success in putting these critters in the boat and how they did it.