Jared Harpole

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24987
Property Name : Rock Chimney
Reservation Date : 06/27/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 20/.20-4.5lbs
Lures Used : TRW/drop shot/wake bait/swim jig

Arrived around 7AM and fished until 11:30AM and fished from the bank. Had cloudy skies with very light winds early and a more steady wind later. Water was stained and the fish were active. I started off throwing a Jitterbug top water and no luck. It was clear the fish were actively feeding in the morning but just not on what I was throwing. I then threw a Dirty Jigs black and blue 1/4 oz swim jig with a black and blue swim bait trailer (Reins 3.25" Fat Rockvibe Shad). This bait proved to produce very well. I tried throwing a larger Dirty Jigs 3/8 oz Alabama Craw color with a bigger craw trailer (Xcite Baits Raptor Tail Jr.) and this did not really work. My clean up bait was a Z-man Fatty Z green pumpkin on a 1/8 oz TT Lures Snakelockz Jig head. This combination of the swim jig and then Fatty Z seemed to work pretty well. See the map attached with where I fished in black. The red areas on the map are where I caught my fish. The most productive area was on the north side of the lake closest to the club boat launch. I did catch a couple of fish on a small 1/3 oz shad color wake bait and also picked up a couple more on a drop shot on the NE side of the lake (North side of damn). The drop shot baits were a Roboworm bold blue gill color and I also threw a Zoom z drop worm in morning dawn. In my opinion it seems when fishing this lake (at least the day I did) down sizing my lures and slowing down my retrieve really helped. When I tried to burn the 1/4 oz swim jig I did not get as many bites as when I slowed down a a little to a moderate retrieve. I would not say I reeled at a glacial pace but I did not go fast either. Ended the day with 20. Nearly all fish caught were within 20 feet of the bank. Great fishing spot...Will definitely be back.

Jun 28 2020

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Good trport. How was the water level?

Jun 29 2020

Jared Harpole

Fry

Number of Posts :

Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. The water level seemed a bit low but this was my first time on that lake and I was not paying too close attention to that. 

Sincerely,

Jared

Jun 29 2020

John Shepard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

As of last week, the water level was still quite low but didn't impede fishing except in the northern creek.

John

Jun 29 2020

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thank yall for your responses