Bob Gage

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25124
Property Name : Timber Lake
Reservation Date : 07/08/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 38 - Dinks to 4.5 lb
Lures Used : Swim Bait with underspin and a few on TR senko

Member Rick Waldrop and I fished Timber Lake the morning of the 8th.  Started at the dam and moved around into the timber and the grassy shore line.  Caught several, then started letting the wind drift us from the timber to the dam and caught the majority in this manner.  Returned 17 that were very nice, hard-fighting 2.5-4.5 lb.  Harvested 21.  The photo is of a jig with a paddle tail swim bait trailer.  Caught one that wrapped around a stump.  We got to her and got her in the boat.  Noticed there was about 2 ft. of line coming out of her gut.  Pulled the line and out came a paddle tail then the jig.  A little surgery got her back in the water and hopefully, growing more.  If this is familiar to you and you thought a DD broke you off, you can relax, she was only around 4 lb.  

Jul 09 2020

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

LOL, you just ruined someone's fish story.  Congrats on a good day.

Jul 30 2020

Bob Gage

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Thanks. Sorry I am so long getting back to you.  Had a hard figuring out that I had to be logged in to reply.  I know if I had lost that fish due to breaking off, I would have been convinced it was a giant.  She felt like one to me until we got her in the boat.  Had read other reports about finding lures in fish, but that is the first time I had ever encountered it.  Tight lines!