Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25316
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 07/22/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18. 2 @6.1 and 6.3
Lures Used : Red shad senko and ribbit

Got to Jer Mar around 12:30. Tried the pond near the gate and no takers on flukes. The sky was getting dark to the northeast so we headed for the dam. Sat in the truck watching the storm move in. Lightning kept us in the truck. Then at 2pm the sky opened up and rained for 45 minutes. After the rain we got in the boat and headed out to the first brush pile. I had my grandson put on a red shad senko rigged Texas weightless with a worm spinner screwed into the tail. That was the ticket for the day.   We moved from brush pile to the next pile. We ended up with 18 for the afternoon.  My grandson caught two monsters one at 6.1 / 22 inches and the other at 6.3 / 22 inches. I tried to get him to lip them but his poor thumb was torn up. A great day that ended around 7. We did catch a couple on a watermelon ribbit.  The lake is in good shape, I had my grandson walk around the boat house to pick up used plastics. He had 20 in a McDonalds bag.  We need to be better and take those discarded plastics home to the trash.  

Jul 23 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Bob,

You have been an allstar member for almost 2 decades. Always positive and helping the club and others. I am so grateful for your membership and support of the club. I'm so glad a great fishing day came to a great person. 

Steve

Jul 29 2020

David Wilcox

Fry

Number of Posts :

Steve

I keep reading about the brush piles. I do not have a fish finder . Is there a way to know where the brush pile are located ? Thanks

Jul 29 2020

David Wilcox

Fry

Number of Posts :

Bob

I keep reading about the brush piles. I do not have a fish finder . Is there a way to know where the brush pile are located ? Thanks

Jul 29 2020

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

The brush piles are marked by white pvc pipe except two cases at Jer Mar where just the rebar is sticking up.  So keep your eyes  open for those two without pvc pipe. Hard to see.   

Jul 29 2020

David Wilcox

Fry

Number of Posts :

Perfect, Thank You!

Jul 29 2020

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report, Bob. JerMar has always been one of my favorites. I always catch them along the grassy area on the east side.

And there are some big ones in there. My wife hooked one on a super fluke - took her lure and just kept on going…