Personal Best Numbers Day for 2020

Jul 24 2020

Rollin Sarradet

Fry

Number of Posts :

Launched my kayak around 7am to calm conditions and sunny skies. Spent the first hour or so moving around the lake, throwing a variety of lures, which produced 7 nice fish. Made my way back around to east shoreline, near the corner of the dam. Caught a nice fish on a chatterbait, so I put my power pole down and threw again. Another nice fish on the next cast. I repeated the process to the same area and was rewarded with yet another fish. For the next 2+ hours I remained anchored in exactly the same spot and boated an additional 63 bass. I also lost approximately 15 bass to jumping fish, throwing the hook.

The majority of these fish were caught on the same chatterbait, with a white jig head, white skirt with dark accent, and a Matrix shad paddletail trailer in various shad colors with a chartreuse tail. I did experiment with a plain, weightless Matrix shad, as well as a rattletrap style bait. Both produced fish, but not as consistently as the chatterbait. 

I was anchored in 5 feet of water, throwing towards the east bank, in an area no larger than a small yard. The fish were just stacked in there. The bite slowed around 11am, at which time I called it a morning. 

The largest fish was 3.65lbs, with the majority of the remaining fish weighing in between 1.6- 2.5lbs. There were 10 culls in the bunch. 

It was an awesome morning on the lake. I was only disappointed that someone else wasn't there to share in the action, as it is a rare occurrence for me in the heat of the summer. I hope another member can use this report to duplicate what I found today. It was a fantastic day on the water!

Jul 24 2020

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Great job. Happy for you. Lots of fish on a beautiful property

Jul 27 2020

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

My goodness Rollin - that is insane! I can't imagine a single spot and practically a single bait putting so many fish in the boat. What a honey hole. You'll never forget that!

Thanks for sharing.

Mark