Aug 02 2020

David Wilcox

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25407
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 08/01/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12
Lures Used : Texas rig stick bait watermelon with spinner in the tail. Soft plastic swim bait, small frog, red z man lipless crankbait

Arrived at JerMar at 6:15 am. Saw a huge beaver swimming in the middle of the lake. As I was launching my boat, the fish were boiling the water hitting bait fish. My first cast was near the dock and caught a nice 3 lb. on a soft plastic swim bait. The grass is full from the banks out 20-30 yards, my Ultraskiff made it easier to get up close and use the small frog. About 9 am the top water slowed down. I then went to the channel and caught a few on the lipless ZMan red crankbait. Most were near the two tree stumps in middle of the lake. I had really good bites along the channel and grass line with the Texas Rig stickbait with e spinner screwed in the tail end. Great start to a Saturday!

Aug 05 2020

Paul Prosser

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey David,

I have searched the marketplace for many years for a fly fishing platform appropriate to my needs.  Thought I had seen them all - until I read your post. Since joining PWF last year and sampling several of the properties here in NOTX my search has narrowed to a craft that would be suitable for these small lakes.  My leader in the clubhouse has been the Watermaster - water-master-kodiak-raft  but now here comes the round boat to "muddy the water."

Can you share what your experience with the Ultraskiff has been.  Would appreciate it a lot.

Paul Prosser

Aug 05 2020

David Wilcox

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey Paul , it's been great, very easy to launch at all the properties. Everything you see on the Ultraskiff website is true. A few small downsides, it's a one person boat for sure. As in any small boat the wind will give you a little trouble at 15-20 mph. I would be glad to partner a trip/lake and let you see it and use it before you purchase anything. 

Aug 05 2020

Paul Prosser

Fry

Number of Posts :

That'd be great David.  I live in Dallas just east of Central and Lovers Lane.  I've been to Waterboo, Gilmer, Bluebonnet, Masagana, Lake TCU, Teardrop and Malouf.  Have not hit JerMar or Van Alstyne yet, nor any others within 60 miles of Dallas.  I'm open to fishing anywhere, but I have to be careful with the heat.  Early AM or evening is good.

Aug 08 2020

David Wilcox

Fry

Number of Posts :

Paul, sorry for the delay, my son is playing in the Texas Amateur Golf tournament at Boot Ranch and I am caddying. Let connect this Monday,  please call my cell 914 772 0616 and we can discuss a time to get our in the the morning. 

Aug 08 2020

Paul Prosser

Fry

Number of Posts :

Sounds good David. Good luck to your son.