Jared Harpole

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25547
Property Name : BlackJack Ranch
Reservation Date : 08/16/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8/Up to 3lbs
Lures Used : Frog, Texas Rig, Swim Jig

Fished a 1/2 day AM at Black Jack Ranch. Bank fished from 7:15AM to 11:45AM. Water is low and there is still a ring of vegetation around the lake although seems to be lightening up a little in some areas. Water visibility was about 12". Caught 3 fish on the hollow body frog, 2 fish on a swim jig, and 3 on a Texas rigged craw. The hollow body frog was thrown on top of the vegetation and into open pockets in the vegetation.  The swim jig was thrown around the edges of the vegetation and in between the grass mats and worked back to the bank. The Texas rig worm was thrown into openings in the grass mats and around the shoreline. 

The swim jig was a 3/8oz Alabama craw color. I caught 1 fish with a 4" shad trailer in Green Pumpkin the other with a Zoom Ultravibe speed craw trailer in Alabama Craw color. I don't know that the trailer made a huge difference as I was just trying things. 

The Texas rigged craw had a 1/4oz weight and I used two different craws (I don't know that this really made a difference). I used the 10000 baits Saw Craw and also a BioSpawn Vile Craw. 

Aug 17 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

The lake was sprayed to knock back the vegetation two weeks ago. Another round happens this week. 80% of the vegetation should be gone over the next couple of weeks. The lake should look great for many months. We also added 80 grass carp in June which should do their job over the coming years.