Erik Wilkinson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25525
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 08/18/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 27 bass ranging from 1/2 pound to 4 pounds
Lures Used : Senko, swimjig

We hit the lake at 4:30 on a beautiful evening with a steady breeze coming out of the north. Zero bites during the first 45 minutes of fishing on mid to dark-colored swimjig, TX rigged worm, lipless crank bait. Then switched my fishing partner to red wacky rigged Senko and he caught 5 nice 1 to 2 lb bass within 15 minutes. I switched to cheeto coloured Senko and we caught about 15 more during the next two hours. Most success was around the 2 big submerged trees at the center of the lake. No bites on east bank, along spillway or near the pier. At about 7:15 we started slowly drifting along the weedline on the west bank (adjacent to the road) back and forth towards the pier. I switched to a perch-colored swimjig and caught 7 more fish all in the 2-3 pound range with one 4 1/2 pounder and an even larger fish breaking off right at the boat. All but maybe 1 or 2 fish looked really healthy and thick. Funny thing, we caught a handful of mid-sized bass who had a half-eaten/digested fat head minnow in their mouths. All-in-all it was a great evening on JerMar Lake.