Marc Karstaedt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25575
Property Name : Tree Farm
Reservation Date : 08/21/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 (1 - 2lbs)
Lures Used : Texas rigged worm and Rattletrap

Having a site like this so close to where I live is amazing. 

I started by scouting the two lakes. As it is in the middle of a working tree farm you can drive to about 90% of the shoreline on both lakes. That being said, using the boats there would be helpful as there is some mid lake structure and I saw a fair bit of fish activity in the middle of the lakes too far to cast to from the shore. So using the boats will give you many more options and probably improve your results.

The lakes run East / West. The main lake (South) is closest to the office and has the most facilities including a nice covered picnic area where you can take a break, have lunch, nap or whatever. At this time they are doing a lot of excavation in the area between the two lakes.  So all afternoon there were dump-trucks coming in and out to that area. That is temporary and it will be very nice there when the work is done.

I started fishing the South bank of the South lake between the pump and the rocks and quickly got a nice two pounder on a Texas rigged worm. Unfortunately soon after that a strong South wind came up shutting down the bite and also  carrying the noise and dust from the excavation work over my way. So I moved to the South shore of the South lake which was very pleasant - but no bites.

Later in the afternoon I met John the owner who is very friendly and helpful and he suggested I fish that shore by the Willow Tree where the bees are (yes, there are a large number of bee hives there). "That's where they get the big ones with Rattletraps". He also said I could stay as long as I liked and that the second gate where the houses are will remain open.

I did that as the sun set. It was very pleasant and I caught two 1 pounders but never could convince any of the "big ones" to take what I was offering.

Over the course of the afternoon, especially late in the day, I saw plenty of activity in the water. These lakes are clean and full of life and I have no doubt there are some good sized bass in them. 

I suggest anyone going there stop at the office and introduce yourself when you get there. They like to know who is on the property and are very welcoming.

I am definitely going back to Tree Farm, although with a trolling motor.

Aug 22 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Marc,

Glad you made it out on your first trip with PWF. I love the positive attitude.