Marc Karstaedt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25631
Property Name : K Bar Ranch
Reservation Date : 09/04/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 1
Lures Used : Chatterbait

K_Bar is 20 minutes from my home so I hope to fish it regularly. I arrived a little late and spent some time checking out the area and then getting my new trolling motor set up and working.

I started off in the boat using my portable sonar to check out the lake, look for structures, etc. There were decent amount of fish showing around some of the structures and the middle of the lake at depths of 15 - 35'. There was a solid wind and I quickly learned the hard way that fishing from a Jon Boat in the wind without an anchor is a lost cause ... now at least I know what my next purchase will be :).

I then started fishing the bank getting only 1 one pounder with a white Chatterbait. I also got a palm size Bluegill on a rattletrap.

I threw every thing I had from worms to crank baits. No luck.

I then met Raymond, the ranch manager, who gave me a tour of the place and shared some of the history. I am going back tomorrow morning and he recommended I start on Raymond Lake and drove me around showing me the different spots.

On interesting tit bit I learned was that TD Lake was a working sandpit until Hurricane Harvey caused the nearby Bayou to break its banks and fill the pit. As a result there are multiple species in there such as Catfish and Alligator Gar not found in the two smaller lakes. He also told me the deepest point of TD is almost 100'.

I go back tomorrow morning to fish Raymond Lake and hopefully will have a more productive visit.