John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25866
Property Name : Dogwood Lakes Estate: East Lake
Reservation Date : 09/25/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 20 bass and one fishing pole
Lures Used : the entire tackle box

I had a company event in Tyler, TX so I persuaded Doctor Be Rad to join me at Dogwood Estates the day before the event.  I think Dogwood is the most picturesque lake I have been to at PWF.  It's just gorgeous.

Our fishing buddy for the day

We made the first cast before sunrise and caught our first bass shortly thereafter.  Most of the bass were right below cut off for being culled although we did not start culling until after we broke for lunch.

It was 63 F and the water was mirror calm with little to no activity on the water except for some geese.   The wind picked up at times but generally the water was calm with hardly any signs of life.  The fishing felt slow with most of the fish being smaller than expected.  Most of the fish were caught at the shallow end with weightless senkos or tight to structure.  The largest of the day was caught in the middle on a chrome lipless crankbait (see below).  At the end of the day we tallied 20 bass and one fishing rod and reel that Doctor Be Rad had dropped in 8 feet depth and managed to snag with a Little George after about 20 minutes of effort.  I caught one bass  at 2.5 lbs.  

I would love to fish this lake again some day.

Guess the weight of this fish?

Now guess the weight of this bass???

Sep 28 2020

Brad Wemhoener

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Is it 18 lbs? Guessing for a friend.

Sep 28 2020

John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

It looked it.