Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25798
Property Name : Nix Ranch: Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 10/01/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 19 up to 4.5 lbs
Lures Used : Frogs/Flukes/Flies

Fished TCU with guest Michael Peinado.  His son and my son are on the Auburn Bass Fishing Team and are teamates/boatmates and roomates.  The boys usually out fish us something like 10 to 1.  Since our boys are off at college spending most of our money we decided to goof off a little and head to TCU to chase some of those nice 3 and 4 pounders Dub has out there and TCU did its thing.  Michael was catching on frogs and white flukes.  Makes since that frogs would work at  TCU right?  Michael was fishing conventional and I was on the fly rod.  I put on a frog popper on my 8 wt and the biggest white wooly bugger I had on my six weight (to mimic Michael's white flukes).  It was game on!  We ended up with 19 bass with 6 culls.  Michael was big fish man with a 4.5 pounder in the rock corner.  I caught most of my bass by the islands or around the islands and caught 9 big bream by the dock.  Great day - Go Frogs!  Go Flukes!

Oct 02 2020

Jerry Gaither

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

must be a Baylor Bear if saying the Horned frogs are a Fluke.

Oct 02 2020

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I am mainly an Aggie but I went to Baylor Law School - folks called me a Baggy.  While I don't bleed purple my oldest son was an assistant football coach at TCU for five seasons and I root for the Horned Frogs against all foes save A&M.  I've gotten to know Dub pretty well since his lake came into the PW fold and I swear I think he trained those bass to eat frogs (eating frogs being a good thing not a knock).  I've always had good luck on topwater flies that look like or move like a frog out there and its my favorite way to catch bass.  That said we all know that Dub would likely shoot any bass that took a swipe at no kidding Horned Frog : ) 

Oct 05 2020

Jerry Gaither

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

no problem, i was just recalling when Robert Griffin was at baylor and tcu would win he would say it was a Fluke.

Oct 05 2020

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Kevin,

Is your son Hudson chance?  Small world but I met him when he was coaching at TCU.  Was probably around 5 years ago??

Oct 05 2020

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

That would be him.  Hud is now a head coach at West Feliciana aHigh School in St Francisville Louisiana.