Paul Jarzemsky

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26115
Property Name : Five Finger Springs
Reservation Date : 10/08/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6/10-19"
Lures Used : plastic worms, topwater poppers

Five Finger Spring is definitely the most unique club property I've ever fished.  It was a little hard to find because I took the wrong exit off I-20, and the sign marking the first county road off Hwy 80 is quite small.  The club directions are fine, but make sure you follow them carefully.  The first 2 1/2 hours were very slow.  I fished with plastic worms using both a Texas rig and a wacky worm getting a few hits from smaller fish.  I harvested a hand-sized bass, and released a similarly sized bream.  It wasn't until after 6:00 pm that I started catching good sized bass on a Hula Popper.  There was no apparent feeding on the surface, but I simply tried a top water because nothing else was working, and started catching nice, healthy bass every 10 minutes or so.  The smallest was 15" and the largest was 19".  Just before dark they stopped feeding.  This is the only lake I ever got lost in, and had to paddle around for a while in my float tube to find my way back to the take-out.  About half the lake is covered with weeds, but they seem to be dying off.  I definitely want to come back to this lake.

Oct 12 2020

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Five Finger Spring is definitely a unique lake, glad you found a secret weapon at the end and also that you found your way out of the lake!