Oct 10 2020

Kent Miller

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25779
Property Name : Nix Ranch: Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 10/09/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30
Lures Used : Flukes, Chatterbaits, Weedless Senkos.

Fished Lake TCU today and had a blast. The property is extremely well maintained and had a chance to meet the owner Dub. He came flying down the road in an ATV and I said this is either the world-famous Dub or some wild ass Santa Clause:) He could not have been more friendly or gracious. I thanked him for allowing us to fish his immaculate property. He apologized for the weed growth but it didn't hurt us too badly. Most fish caught on white weedless flukes or green pumpkin senkos. Did get one 3 lb on a chatterbait. We caught 30 in total with 4 culled. Most were around 1.5 to 2 lbs with the largest weighing in at 4lbs. Wind prevented us from using the boat so all fish were caught as we walked the entire lake. There is an old saying "you get what you pay for" and our trip to Tioga was well worth every penny spent. Will definitely return this month and next spring for sure. #awesomelake

Oct 12 2020

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

30 fish from the bank is impressive, nicely done.  Glad you met Dub, I'm sure he will be eager to welcome you back to his #awesomelake!

Oct 21 2020

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Afternoon,

I am fishing Lake TCU Friday and wondered what the vegetation was like when you were there? I have the impression of a good growth that is subsurface rather than emergent. Is that the case? 

Thanks,

Dave

Oct 21 2020

Kent Miller

Fry

Number of Posts :

It was over 70%, all lot was emerged. From where you park to the dock and left of the dock was pretty open w/ no weeds. If you use the boat you will be fine. Bring lots of white flukes and fish them weedless.