Great Day with Lots of Fish

Oct 12 2020

Richard Christy

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26121
Property Name : Indian Hollow Ranch
Reservation Date : 10/10/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 34 Total, 9 over 14", largest 2.5 and 2.25 Lbs.
Lures Used : Shad Colored Super Fluke, White Swim Bait, Junebug Wacky Worm

Got to the lake about 7:30 with much of the drive from Dallas in heavy fog.  The fog and overcast stayed around until mid morning.  The weather was cool with a slight breeze out of the north and mid morning it cleared into a really beautiful day.  Threw topwater from the bank with no hits.  Change to a wacky worm and caught a couple of small bass right away.  Launched the club boat and threw the white swim bait and shad colored super fluke and caught fish pretty much all around the lake.  Started by working down the western bank and into the fingers. Caught quite a few off the points and a few up in the trees.  When the super fluke and swim bait slowed, I switched to the wacky worm and caught a few more.  Broke for lunch about 12:30 with 17 total with 5 over 14".  After lunch the afternoon started off slow but picked up again with the wacky worm catching most of the fish.  Caught the 2.5 lb and 2.25 lb along the bank on the west side near the dam.  After catching a lot of small fish most of the day, these two felt like whales and were hard fighters even stripping line off my reel.  By 4:00 or 4:30 the bite slowed and it got hot so I called it a day.  Caught a total of 34 bass, but all but 9 were under 14" and a few were under 12".  Even the small ones were chunky and aggressive.  In the spring I caught a couple of 3's and a 4 on this lake so I know they're here.  This was a really great day, lots of fish, and near perfect weather on one of the prettiest lakes in the club.  Already looking forward to another trip.

FYI, earlier this summer i put on a weedless prop and then a little later put on a Moss Hog.  If you're having trouble with the weeds, you may want to check these out.  They've kept me moving.  Good Luck!

Oct 12 2020

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Nice report Richard, that really is a beautiful lake, well worth the drive!