Oct 14 2020

Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26069
Property Name : Lago Escondido
Reservation Date : 10/10/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 up to 4.5lbs
Lures Used : Senko, Lipless Crank, T-rig Speed Worm, Small swimbait with underspin

Fished Lago Escondido on Saturday 10-10-2020 with my son.  It was a hot day, not much wind.  The entire lake was one big bait ball.  Everywhere you look was giant schools of 1" bait.  Bass were smashing them all day long.  Fishing was a little tough because it's hard to replicate that size bait.  I tried a small popper and they didn't want that.  I was able to pick up a couple on senkos, one or two on a t-rigged speed worm and a couple more on a chrome lipless crank.  Best producer was a small white swim bait on an underspin style hook.  I don't remember the brand of either, they were some stuff I got out of a Mystery Tackle Box and never expected to use.  Glad they were in the bag though.  We managed 14 on the day.  Biggest was about 4.5 lbs, but I didn't catch anything less than 2.5 lbs.  My son caught a couple of culls.  We were able to see several giant fish roaming the shallows, a couple probably pushing double digits, but we could not get them to bite anything.  I was able to get one to nose up to a senko, but she didn't take it.  I will be back in the spring to see if I can talk one of those big girls into eating.  I know they are in there.  

Also, we had some issues with the second small automatic gate.  It will let you in, but not out.  We had to pull the pin and let ourselves out.  

Oct 14 2020

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

I have had similar issues with that gate. There is a button on the right side of the box that will open the gate. Better than pulling the pin. 
Bill Fetech