Return Trip to Double A

Oct 26 2020

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Member Randy Groves and I fished Double A for second time on October 20th. Weather was much different - partly cloudy and very windy vs completely overcast and misty in the AM with a slight breeze the first time. Also, fish have become very educated in the month since the first trip. We were on the lake at first light to take advantage of the expected top water action. We had action but the fish would only hit the top water but not commit to it. We threw most everything at them but could not come up with any pattern. I seemed like you had to hit them on the head with whatever you were throwing to provoke a strike. They didn't hit moving baits. We managed 16 bass with largest being just over 4 lbs but every fish hooked fights well above its weight class. These fish not matter what size are really fun to catch, they put up a fight each and every time. Randy also caught two huge perch. The wind posed a problem for both of us in our pond boats. The only place I could anchor the boat successfully was in the shoreline weeds. We left around mid-afternoon.  While not as successful as first time we will be back for sure. Rock boat launch is great.