Bryan Zawikowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26292
Property Name : SW Lake
Reservation Date : 10/31/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : One 8# (24”) Largemouth + one 10” largemouth bass
Lures Used : Small jointed floating rapala crankbait

It was a cold morning, and I didn't get much action, but catching an 8-pounder made my day.  I tried every kind of surface bait (whopper plopper, yellow magic, Berkeley jointed, fat diving crank); spinners, buzz baits, worms (wacky and TX rig) and other creature baits.  The whopper plopper is up on the power line on the South end of the pond, LOL.   It's yours if you can get it down!

I got the big mama (24", eight pounds or so) on the East shore towards the South end (shallow part of the pond), just after sunrise on a small jointed floating rapala with a jerking/twitching technique.  She hit it light, but I knew she was a big one when she started to take line and was pulling my inflatable boat around.  I only had one hook in the side of her mouth.   I've fished here several times before with more action, but never caught on this big.  This is probably the second-largest one I ever caught.  If I can get the photo to upload, you'll see her next to my size 14 boot, to give you some perspective. She had to be around 24".

Oct 31 2020

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Congrats Bryan…She looks like a real trophy….

Kerry

Nov 01 2020

Bryan Zawikowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thank you Kerry.  It was quite thrilling!  Light hit, but I could tell she was big.  Funny thing, the lure came off the snap swivel right after I got her in the boat.  

Nov 01 2020

Adrian Helfert

Fry

Number of Posts :

Makes for a nice start to Halloween!   Great catch - Adrian

Nov 02 2020

Bryan Zawikowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thank you Adrian!  I am surely enjoying my membership!