Jared Harpole

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26317
Property Name : Brushy Creek Lake
Reservation Date : 11/01/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 26/Up to 11.65/11.75 lbs
Lures Used : Swim Jig and Swivel Head Jig

This was my first time at this lake and after reading the fishing reports I figured I would get a couple fish (5-8) that were in the 2-5lbs range. Boy were my expectations wrong. I ended up with around 26 fish. The biggest was about 11.65-11.75lbs (PB), another ~9lbs, one around 8.25lbs, and another around 7.5lbs. These were the only ones I weighed. There were many more that were likely in the 2.5-5lb range and another looked like 6-6.5lbs. I had no idea that Brush Creek Lake could be that productive.

The ~11.65/11.75lb pounder and 8.25lber were caught on a Dirty Jigs 1/4oz Swim Jig in blue gill color with a Zoom ultra-vibe speed craw in Alabama craw color. This lure also caught many other fish. The other lure that was super productive was a 1/8oz swivel jig with a Z-man

Fatty Z in PB&J. I also caught several on a rattle trap. Note my scale is hard to read in some of the photos but I think you can tell 

Personal Best Photos:

Almost 9lber Photos

Nov 01 2020

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Fantastic day. how was the water level? Congratulations

Nov 02 2020

Andrew Schoonover

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Congrats Jared. Any part of the lake more productive than others?

Nov 02 2020

Jared Harpole

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks Steve. I believe water was down 3-3.5 feet from normal. 

Nov 02 2020

Jared Harpole

Fry

Number of Posts :

Andrew, 

Thanks! I attached a map outlining where most of the fish were caught including the big fish. I started up the creek channel early with nothing and also fished by the boat ramp and down the lake a ways and still got nothing. I then reached the area highlighted in red. At this point the wind had picked up and I thought to anchor right off the fence lines and timber fields in the water b/c it was shallow and then got deeper. I was guessing that fish would sit there to ambush prey given the wind was blowing to the South/South West.  It seemed to work. I casted along this drop off and also casted out towards the main part of the lake. 

Jared

Nov 02 2020

Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Amazing catch.  I believe this is the largest string of fish I have heard of on any PWF lake. Well done.  

Nov 02 2020

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Wow! Congrats man!! That's why we do this!! Good job!

Nov 02 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Jared,

Congratulations. What a day. Certainly one of the better reports of the year. In March of 2018 we had a report at Kyle with similar results. 

https://www.privatewaterfishing.com/forums/view_report/3997

Thanks for sharing. 

Nov 03 2020

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

The area you outlined is where I have had the most success as well. Nothing like your day though. Remarkable.