Stephen Johnston

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26502
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 11/25/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 20/ 1-7 lbs
Lures Used : Fluke, chatterbait, jig, TX rig. Drop shot, Hard head, Senko

My son and I fished Double A on Wednesday.  Since they had installed the improved boat ramp we decided to take our bass boat.  The new ramp is great and we were easily able to launch and retrieve our boat.  Joe, the owner, came by later in the morning and said we were the biggest boat to have launched so far.  It is a great improvement.

The day started out cold with the temp. at 45.  We started out fishing the perimeter of the lake and caught 8 in the first hour which included a 7.2 pounder which is my new personal best.  It was caught in the corner where the trees are.  I cast a chatterbait (Z Man Jackhammer) right by a tree and it smashed it as soon as it the water.  I initially thought I was snagged on the tree there was so much resistance.  I kept reeling and it just dove straight to the bottom - it felt like I was dragging the tree.  It was a great battle and I was terrified I was going to lose it as it took me up under the boat.  I wrestled it in and it was the fattest bass I've ever seen.

After that first hour things slowed down considerably.  We continued to work the perimeter and also worked the ridge the rest of the day.  We caught fish intermittently over the rest of the day which included a number of quality fish.  I caught a five pounder on a swinging football head jig and my son caught a 4.5 on a strike king cut-r worm.  We also had several threes.  Our top 5 total was around 24 lbs.