Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26647
Property Name : Dogwood Lakes Estate: East Lake
Reservation Date : 12/04/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8 bass - big 8.25
Lures Used : Flies/Carolina Rig

Fished Dogwood East today with my son Cody who is home from college for Christmas break.  Bassforecast rated the day at 2.0 so we had low expectations and it panned out to be almost a tough day.  We were prepared to get skunked but wanted to go fishing anyway.   We each caught 4 bass.  Cody's big was right at 4 pounds and he had three culls.  I had 4 bass on the fly rod as well with 2 returned and 2 culls however my big bass was a big bass - 8.25.  I caught it about 4:45 at the end of the day and it turned a slow day into an amazing day.  This bass was the biggest bass I've caught on a  on a PW lake.  (My PB is a 9.2 caught on Valley Lake up near Texoma)  Back when we had Brosaco in the club I caught a couple of 8 pounders on my spinning rod but this bass was just a little bit bigger.  This big ol bass bit a little black wooly bugger... go figure.  Cody was monster hunting with a 10'' worm Carolina rigged and this little inch long wooly bugger was got the big bite.  Makes no sense but I'll take my lucky brakes whenever they come.  We caught most of our bass deep out from the bank between the trees and the bank opposite Rocky's house.  Had a good visit with Rocky and another great time at this amazing lake.  Great early Christmas present for the old man.

Dec 05 2020

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats on the great fish Kevin! 

Bob

Dec 05 2020

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Kevin, that is a beautiful fish, great catch and definitely a nice early Christmas present!

Dec 07 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

8.25 on a fly rod! Unbelievable! You put the time in this year and this is well deserved!!

Dec 07 2020

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Heck of a fish on a fly, congrats.